Tuesday, June 10, 2008

School reopens!

After a two months’ long break, students are in school. Every year with June comes a new academic year: one grade up for students, new lessons and perhaps students with newer insights and a stronger zest for a better and fulfilling year.

After last year’s experimental teaching, I will be the official English teacher for the 8th grade students for this academic year. In a week’s time, we will be deploying the Virtual Classroom technology at the Red Cross Government Girls' High School. I’ll be teaching 3 days remotely using our VC and 3 days physically present with them.

How do I feel? Excited, but at the same time, a little nervous. After all, it’s about making a difference to 50 odd girls. And that’s a big responsibility!


I’ve been gearing up for a month now, reading up on teaching techniques, working with our engineers to fix all minor bugs, and getting more features added in our Virtual Classroom application. Emotionally and mentally, I’ve determined not to be disappointed and even when I do, not to give up.

It’s going to be yet another exciting and challenging year. And I need all the good wishes and blessings that you could bestow upon me :)

No comments:

Powered By Blogger